WHAT ARE THE HEALTH BENEFITS OF DOENJANG?
Korean fermented soybean paste has been found to have great health benefits such as anticancer, antimetastatic, and antigenotoxic effects. Here are some actual research:
- Longer fermentation of Doenjang improves its anticancer, antimetastatic properties.
- Research that shows Antigenotoxic effects of Korean fermented soybean paste. FYI, antigenotoxic means it counters genotoxicity which "describes the property of chemical agents that damages the genetic information within a cell causing mutations, which may lead to cancer."
Our study demonstrated that doenjang with high-salt content improved blood pressure in SD rats. The intake of doenjang increased potassium excretion in feces and urine compared to high salt intake. Furthermore, doenjang decreased renin and aldosterone levels in serum and the expression of the AT1 receptor, ACE, and MR in the kidney cortex compared to high salt intake. These results indicate that eating traditional salty fermented food is not a direct cause of hypertension, and the intake of doenjang in normal healthy animals improved blood pressure. Link
Doenjang Health Benefits – Tasty Korean Soybean
- Doenjang Possesses Anti-Cancer Properties
First, one of doenjang’s most famous characteristics is its anti-cancer properties, like the case with most fermented food items.
- Doenjang Helps Lowering Down Blood Pressure
The amino acids contained by doenjang is effective in enhancing protein activation, which gets rid of benefits massage tension headaches, stabilizes blood pressure, and reduces blood cholesterol. At the end, the blood arteries get more elastic!
- Doenjang Supplements Our Liver
Doenjang paste also supplements the liver by helping its detoxification process, restoring liver functions, and protecting it from poison in all.
- Doenjang Holds Acid-Fast Properties
There are plenty of polyphenols found inside doenjang, all of them which synergize to prevent aging. Not only that, because antioxidants that delays lipid oxidation is also found inside doenjang paste too!
- Doenjang Prevents Dementia
Two of soybean’s compounds, lecithin stimulates brain activity, whereas saponin lowers down blood cholesterol levels, slows down aging and dementia altogether by suppressing the formation of fatty peroxide.
- Doenjang Supports Digestion
Doenjang supports digestion because it is rich in health benefits fruit fibre cereal, which makes it easy to digest and process waste. It is also said that indigestion can also be cured using doenjang-based soup or stew!
- Doenjang Protects Against Symptoms of Osteoporosis
Osteoporosis is a huge burden for any senior citizen’s daily life, and luckily doenjang is also able to protect elderly people from this thanks to source of vitamin D foods that are present inside its mushrooms. Vitamin D strengthens our bones by absorbing calcium.
- Doenjang Partially Treats Long Term Effects of Type 2 Diabetes
Doenjang contains melanoidin that contributes to the secretion of insulin for better diabetes management. It also contains fibres that help diabetes management from the easiest stage; proper digestion.
- Doenjang Counteracts Heart Disease and Brain Tumour
Both heart disease and brain tumour can be counteracted by doenjang, because it contains protein-rich mushrooms that help to purify the blood, manages coagulation and reduce the blood’s viscosity in all.
- Doenjang for Skin Health
And finally, linolenic acid inside doenjang is ideal for treatment of freckles as well as skin pigment discolouration by preventing the compounding of melamine. Link